Bankruptcy Attorneys and Lawyers
Find Bankruptcy Lawyers Located in Popular Cities
Find Bankruptcy Lawyers by State
Why Should I Hire a Bankruptcy Lawyer?
If you are experiencing financial difficulties and want to file for bankruptcy, there are many hurdles you must first overcome, such as deciding what chapter to file under and which exemptions to claim. A bankruptcy lawyer will help guide you through this stressful and time-consuming process. Some of the ways a bankruptcy lawyer may be able to help you include:
- Reviewing your bankruptcy petition
- Analyzing your financial situation
- Preparing your bankruptcy petition
- Attending meetings with your creditors (341 meeting)
- Following up with your creditors, to stop any post-filing collection efforts
- Representing you in any litigation that may arise out of the bankruptcy
- Guiding you through the process of filing for bankruptcy
- Explaining which one of your debts will be discharged and which ones will not
- Explaining the different types of bankruptcies available and what chapter to file under
- Attending court hearing on your behalf
- Advising you regarding which exemptions to claim
- Evaluating your assets and obligations
Filing for bankruptcy is not an easy choice to make, as it can affect you for the rest of your life. It would be beneficial to speak to a qualified bankruptcy lawyer today.
Click to learn about Bankruptcy Law on LawInfo.