Child Support Termination Verified Attorneys
Find Child Support Termination Attorneys Located in Popular Cities
Find Child Support Termination Attorneys by State
Child Support Termination
Child support orders typically are in place until the child reaches the age of majority and is considered to be an adult. That age in most states adulthood is is achieved at age 18 but in some states the age is 21.
There are several instances when a child support order can terminate before the child becomes an adult. These include the child’s death, marriage, military enlistment, adoption, deportation or emancipation.
How a Child Support Termination Attorney Can Help
With the advice of a child support attorney you can:
- Learn the age of majority in your state
- Determine what facts support an action to terminate child support
- Examine the changes in your life, your child’s life, or the other parent’s life that can justify child support termination
- Become educated on child support modification as opposed to child support termination
Additionally, an attorney can:
- Advise you on when you should seek a change in custody instead of terminating support
- Prepare and file court documents requesting the termination
- Gather and present evidence in support of your case
- Appear in court with you as your representative and present your case on your behalf
Click to learn about Child Support Termination Law on LawInfo.