Embezzlement Verified Attorneys
Find Embezzlement Attorneys Located in Popular Cities
Find Embezzlement Attorneys by State
Embezzlement is a type of fraud involving theft of money from a business or person. In most embezzlement cases the key component to the case is that the defendant was unauthorized to use or have the money in question. Employers trust employees with sensitive financial and other data regularly and most embezzlement cases have their origin in violation of this trust. Embezzlement can also involve credit card and other financial data used by a person to extract amounts of money or credit without authorization.
Why Should I Hire an Embezzlement Attorney?
If you are facing criminal allegations of embezzlement, you should retain an Embezzlement Attorney to help you protect your rights. An Embezzlement Attorney will act as an intermediary between you and the criminal justice system, and will help you mitigate your charges.
The criminal justice system is complex and can be confusing at times. It may be difficult for a person without legal training to fully understand the severity of their crime. The assistance of an Embezzlement Attorney is important because a trained legal professional will advise you as to the potential consequences you may face. Some of the other ways an Embezzlement Attorney can assist you include:
- Explain the allegations against you
- Review the police report for any mistakes or errors
- Challenge the introduction of illegally obtained evidence
- Be an intermediary between you and the court system
- Analyze any investigations that occurred
- Help you develop a defense plan
- Raise any defenses that will mitigate or even dismiss your embezzlement charges
- Discuss the options available to you
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf
The criminal justice system takes embezzlement very seriously. Unfortunately, embezzlement on your criminal record may affect your chances of being able to secure employment in the future. Hiring an embezzlement attorney to represent you is the greatest way to ensure that your case gets resolved with the best outcome for you.
Click to learn about Embezzlement Law on LawInfo.