Estate Planning Attorneys and Lawyers
Find Estate Planning Attorneys Located in Popular Cities
Find Estate Planning Attorneys by State
Should You Hire an Estate Planning Attorney?
Your estate-planning documents might be one of the most important documents in planning for your future. There will come a time when your will, your trust, and your other estate planning documents will be the only documents remaining that will help identify your final wishes. If you want to be in control of your assets and personal objectives, you should hire a qualified estate-planning attorney to draft your estate planning documents as soon as possible.
In addition to helping you protect your assets, an estate-planning attorney can also help with the following:
- Guarantee that your estate-plan is in accordance with your state’s laws
- Arranging for the disbursement of your assets, such as preparing wills, trusts, and other estate planning documents
- Address your income tax issues
- Keep track of your estate’s checking account
- Collect your life insurance proceeds
- Determine whether any estate and gift taxes will be due
- Help you make determinations regarding your retirement plans, including IRAs and 401(k)s
- Act as your personal representative and assist you with taking care of your personal affairs
- Give you the advice and direction needed to implement an estate plan that both disposes of your assets according to your wishes and meets your personal objectives
When Should You Hire an Estate Planning Attorney?
As long as you are still alive and have the capacity to enter into a contract, it is not too late to start planning for your estate. Every state has its own laws regarding estate-planning and it is important to speak to an estate-planning attorney from your state today.
Click to learn about Estate Planning Law on LawInfo.