Family Law Verified Attorneys
Find Family Law Attorneys Located in Popular Cities
Find Family Law Attorneys by State
What Is Family Law?
Family law is one of the most complex and intricate areas of the law. Often times people think family law is simple, and might not consult with an attorney.
Why Should I Hire a Family Law Attorney?
If you are facing any family law issues or considering divorce, an experienced family law attorney can help guide you through this life-altering process. Experienced family attorneys have handled an array of family law cases, and will be able to estimate how long your case will take and what you should expect throughout the coming months. Ultimately, it is your welfare that is on the line. You will benefit from speaking to a Lead Counsel Rated Family Law Attorney because not only will your attorney guide you through the entire process, he or she will also adamantly fight for your rights and assets. Some other ways an experienced family law attorney can assist you include:
- Prepare and file your paperwork
- Explain the family law rules in your state
- Explain your rights to spousal support
- Provide a dispassionate appraisal of your situation
- Sensitively make an effort to resolve your family law issues without the court's participation
- Negotiate with your spouse or your spouse’s attorney
- Aggressively advocate for you in court
- Advise you how your property will likely be divided
- Determine whether or not you are entitled to certain assets or property that you were not aware of
- Determine whether to settle your case or go to trial depending on the set of facts of your case
- Explain the difference between an uncontested divorce and a contested divorce
- Help file a petition in the county you reside in to start your divorce process
What Areas Of Law Do Family Law Attorneys Deal With?
Family law encompasses several areas of law, including but not limited to the following:
- Civil Unions
- Domestic Partnerships
- Spousal support and Alimony
- Child support
- Child abuse
- Custody, including change of custody or visitation order
- Establishing paternity
For a better understanding of these different areas of law, it is recommended to speak to an attorney who can better guide you through this life-altering process while taking into account your individual circumstances.
Click to learn about Family Law on LawInfo.