Federal Bribery Verified Attorneys
Find Federal Bribery Attorneys Located in Popular Cities
Find Federal Bribery Attorneys by State
Federal bribery is the offering, giving, receiving or soliciting something of value in exchange for influencing an official’s public or legal duties either by means of receiving money illegally through the corruption of public officers or by offering money in exchange for services by public officers. A person who directly or indirectly gives or offers anything of value to a public official with the intent of influencing that person’s official duties can be charged with bribery and can be fined up to three times the value of the thing of value, imprisoned for up to 15 years, or both.
Defending Federal Bribery Cases
If you are facing a bribery charge in federal court, it is in your best interest to have legal counsel at every step in the process. Criminal statutes and federal court rules and procedures are highly complex and require an experienced attorney to navigate the system and protect your rights.
The government must prove you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Your attorney may be able to cast doubt on your guilt.
How a Federal Bribery Defense Attorney Can Help
An federal bribery defense attorney can:
- Explain the allegations and possible consequences facing you
- Listen carefully to your side of the story and consult with you
- Search for errors in the reports filed by those investigating the case
- Challenge the admissibility of evidence obtained in unlawful searches
- Conduct a defense investigation to obtain mitigating evidence
- Cross examine prosecution witnesses and present defense witnesses
- Bring various motions at trial that will serve you on appeal of a conviction
- Negotiate a plea bargain to reduce the charges against you
- Serve as an intermediary between you and the court
A bribery charge can hinge upon the testimony of prosecution witnesses, especially if the government does not have convincing evidence of the actual bribe. Your attorney may be able to successfully impeach the character of witnesses.
Federal bribery is a serious offense. If you have been accused of federal bribery, it is very important to search for an experienced attorney with a good understanding of the laws regarding federal bribery
Click to learn about Federal Bribery Law on LawInfo.