Foster Care Verified Attorneys
Your current location: Ashburn, VA | Change Location
Find Foster Care Attorneys Located in Popular Cities
Find Foster Care Attorneys by State
Reasons You May Need a Foster Care Attorney
If you are involved with the foster care system as a foster parent, foster child, relative of a foster child, or an applicant to become a foster parent, you may have reason to bring complaint against the state or a child services agency. Such instances can include:
- You, your child or a relative in foster care case may have been or is being abused
- You may believe your application to become a foster parent was rejected or delayed due to unlawful discrimination based on your age, race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation
- You may suspect that the home study and/or background check were unfairly conducted or included erroneous information that prevented you from being licensed to foster children or adults
How a Foster Care Attorney Can HelpIt can help to consult a lawyer to determine whether you have a viable cause of action. An attorney can advise you on whether you can:
- Contest the upper or lower age limit to become a foster parent
- Bring suit for damages resulting from abuse you experienced while being fostered
- Appeal the results of the home study and background investigation
Also, you and the attorney can investigate to determine whether your application was handled fairly and without bias or if the agency was negligent in its duties and you deserve legal remedy.
Click to learn about Foster Care Law on LawInfo.