Immigration Verified Attorneys
Find Immigration Lawyers Located in Popular Cities
Find Immigration Lawyers by State
Why Should I Hire an Immigration Lawyer?
Immigration laws are very rigid and are constantly being challenged in the United States. If you are having trouble entering or remaining in the United States, it would be in your best interest to speak an immigration lawyer who is an expert in immigration laws.
It is important to remember that an immigration lawyer cannot lawfully guarantee that your case will succeed. The reason an immigration lawyer cannot assure that your case will succeed is because the discretion is not in your attorney’s hands. It is in the discretion of the immigration judge or officer overseeing your case. However, a qualified Lead Counsel Rated immigration attorney can assure that your immigration matters will be handled in the best possible way. Some of the ways an immigration attorney can assist you include:
- Staying up to date with knowledge of immigration laws and all relevant updates
- Determining the type of visa you should apply for depending on your reason to enter the United States
- Persuading the officer overseeing your immigration case to make a decision in your favor
- Preparing a waiver and an appeal on your behalf and making the best possible argument for your needs
- Submitting the waiver and appeal on your behalf
- Presenting your case in a manner that shows your case in a favorable light
- Assisting you in obtaining a specific visa given your particular case
- Helping you simplify the immigration process as much as possible
What Types of Cases Do Immigration Lawyers Handle?
Immigration attorneys handle numerous matters including, but not limited to, the following:
- Work visas
- International adoption
- Obtaining residence through the diversity lottery system
- Citizenship and Naturalization
- Permanent residence (green card)
Immigration attorneys also help foreign nationals wishing to enter the United States obtain the following visas:
- Business visas
- Fiancé visas
- Tourism visas
- Temporary work visas
- Student visas
- Exchange visitors visas
- Religious worker visas
Why Are Some Individuals Ineligible to Enter The United States?
Not everyone who wishes to enter the United States is eligible. There are certain grounds of inadmissibility that may prevent a foreign national from applying for certain immigration benefits, such as:
- Health related grounds
- Criminal grounds
- Unlawful presence in the United States
An immigration lawyer can help you with the immigration issues you may be facing, as well as help with any other issues that may arise.
Click to learn about Immigration Law on LawInfo.