Terminating Parental Rights Verified Attorneys
Find Terminating Parental Rights Attorneys Located in Popular Cities
Find Terminating Parental Rights Attorneys by State
Terminating Parental Rights Attorney
Every state has different laws that provide for terminating parental rights to end the legal parent-child relationship. Terminating parental rights can be either voluntary or involuntary so it is important to consult with an attorney with experience dealing with the specific issues surrounding your situation.
Grounds for Terminating Parental Rights
The grounds for terminating parental rights can vary from state to state but may include:
- Severe or chronic abuse or neglect of a child or children
- Abuse or neglect of other children in the household
- Long-term mental illness of the parent(s)
- Long-term alcohol or drug induced capacity of the parent(s)
- Felony conviction of the parent(s) for a crime of violence against the child or other family member or for which long-term incarceration will have a negative impact on the child
If you need information about terminating parental rights, search for an experienced attorney in your area today.
Click to learn about Terminating Parental Rights Law on LawInfo.