Facing a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
If you've been accused of causing someone else to suffer injuries, you're facing serious consequences. You may be liable for that person's medical expenses, property repairs, court costs, and potentially even punitive damages.
Strong Personal Injury Defense
In many cases, your insurance company will support you during these particular types of lawsuits. In cases where you don't have insurance or they won't/can't defend you, you should consider speaking with A Berthold personal injury defense attorney.
He or she will negotiate directly with the injured party and reduce your liability and out-of-pocket expenses. If you are being threatened with a lawsuit, or even if you've been sued, talk with an attorney as soon as you are able. The sooner you call, the quicker this event can be behind you.
Top Questions to Ask When Hiring an Attorney
- How many years have you been practicing law? How long have you practiced law in the local area?
- How many cases similar to mine have you handled in the past?
- What is the likely outcome for my case?
In legal practice, experience matters. An experienced attorney will likely have handled issues similar to yours many, many times. Therefore, after listening to your situation, the attorney should have a reasonable idea of the time line for a case like yours and the likely resolution.
Tips on Approaching an Initial Attorney Consultation
- Use the consultation as a means of gaining a better understanding of your legal situation.
- Ask the attorney how many cases similar to yours he/she has handled. An attorney's experience and knowledge can speak to their expertise (or lack of) in addressing your situation.
- Your attorney should be able to articulate roughly how long a case like yours will take to resolve and what sort of procedures to expect.
- Determine how comfortable you are working with the lawyer and/or law firm.
How to Find the Right Attorney
- Determine the area of law that relates to your issue. Attorneys specialize in specific practice areas around legal issues within the broad field of law.
- Seek out recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues. A successful attorney or practice will typically have many satisfied clients.
- Set up consultation appointments to get a better understanding of your case as well as gauge your comfort level with different attorneys. Find the attorney who is the right fit for your needs.